IMF Mk. 2 (was RE: [Rhodes22-list] some one has a virus)

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 22:12:26 EST 2004

Wally,

I am happy with the sail shape and with the performance of the sail.

I believe my sail was an early production model.  I had a bit of trouble
(along with Elton) before we launched the boat last spring getting things
adjusted  to furl and unfurl without jamming.  This may or may not have been
due to the batten.  Eventually we figured it out.  I had no further problems
throughout the summer.  Bottom line, properly adjusted, and with a bit of
care, the batten doesn't seem to impact ease of furling.

My sail cover was also a bit uneven and didn't quite fit evenly at top and
bottom into the mast slot when furled.  I know Elton had a long discussion
with Stan and I think it likely these minor problems have been addressed.

Jim Connolly