[Rhodes22-list] Viruses Worms Part 3

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 09:07:43 EST 2004

Ed,

Just one more reason (certainly not the only) why I have mostly abandoned
Bill.

I do almost all of my browsing at home with Firebird running in Xandros
(Linux) and even at the shop where our OS is win2k, I use Firebird instead of
IE.

For e-mail in win2k, Eudora W/ Mailwasher in front of it... in Linux, K-Mail

If Intuit ever comes out with a Linux compatible version of Quicken, I just
might be free of MS altogether.

Want an easy to use, easy to set up Linux system??? Give this Xandros a try.
You get the whole works, OS and all the programs to be pretty equivalent to
MS Office for a hundred dollar bill. Install is simple, It'll see all your MS
stuff and make it's partitions accordingly. The GUI (KDE) is very similar to
what most windows users are used to, so adapting to it is pretty simple.

www.Xandros.com

If you want to give Linux a try without actually installing it there are
several companies out there that have something called a live CD. You can run
this with out actually installing it on your hard-drive to get a feel for
whether you like it or not before making the commitment to install. If this
is of interest, maybe try a Google search for "Linux live CD"

I've been trying to get away from MS ever since the XP licensing fiasco. I'm
getting closer all the time. :-)

Rik Sandberg
Long Prairie, MN
S/V Happy Little Girls 2
Pacific Seacraft Flicka

All things significant are small and slow