[Rhodes22-list] Outboard Antitheft Measures

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 1 07:14:44 EDT 2004

Doug,
I used both the Masterlock and McGard Outboard Motor Lock
http://www.mcgard.com/marine/outboard.asp. The masterlock has rusted
through every 3-4 years, is not safe to sawing, rattles with the
outboard in use (can be taped), and is more expensive. The McGard is a
keyed socket that through-bolts to the motor mount, is unobstrusive,
but visible, and virtually tamper-proof, and I've had the same one for
12 years and 3 different motors. It may be the only device you need or
definitely can be used in conjunction with the Masterlock.

Check the website. Typically, it's very much underrated, but effective.
Jay