[Rhodes22-list] Boom - Pop Top Interferance

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Jul 6 10:36:38 EDT 2004

While out this past Sunday, I found that on my '76 Rhodes, that when the boom was in it highest position, I had problems getting the pop top all the way up.  The gooseneck for the pop top was interfering with the gooseneck for the boom.  I've also thought that the boom could go higher as the head of the sail is a good foot below the top of the mast.  I could drill a couple of holes in the mast so I could raise the boom up a bit, but wanted to ask about is before doing anything.  I've got the standard mast.  Thanks

Rob Lowe
S/V Getaway