[Rhodes22-list] UPS sail

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Thu Jul 15 10:07:18 EDT 2004

Bob,

We have the UPS and the 175% (if we expect it to be pretty breezy, we use a
135% Genoa, instead). The best part about having both the UPS and the 175%
Genoa is a dead downwind run - we center up the main and fly both headsails
wing-on-wing. That's a lot of sail area, and the boat flies! We always get
comments about how pretty (and impressive) the boat is when we do this.
We've even passed a J22 dead downwind with this configuration.

The UPS is great for light wind - it stays full in light air better than the
175.

Mark Kaynor