[Rhodes22-list] bilge pump

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Jul 16 17:47:01 EDT 2004

Doug,

You know I'm at least as lazy as the next person.  I've got a bilge pump on board.  It is simply not permanently mounted.  I have it on a cigarette lighter plug, and place it where needed.  I got one that will pump in very shallow water, and I use it when water accumulates.  But when I see how little it actually pumps, and how much trouble it has pumping up hill it makes me laugh when I read of people who think these little toys will make any difference at all in case of an emergency.

But to save me pumping! Hey.

Bill