[Rhodes22-list] Self tending jib

Mark Skapinker marks at brightspark.com
Fri Jul 16 20:56:04 EDT 2004

I have now had my recycled R22 for almost 3 months and it has been amazing. I have learned so much in general and especially about the specifics of the boat. I keep coming back to this list and learn even more each time I look at all the emails (like how to sail in fast winds).
I have a question please. My R22 came with a self tending jib. I have not used it yet - because I have no idea how to connect it or how it works. Stan offered to talk me through it on the phone, but I know he is really busy and I don't want to distract him.
Does anyone have anything written about the self tending jib on the R22? Any photos or clues how I can learn how to connect it up and use it - and how to use it with the Genoa at the same time? Up to now, it has remained hanging in front of my mast and have now become too inquisitive to ignore it.
Thanks
Mark