[Rhodes22-list] UPS sail

Ronald Lipton lipton at fnal.gov
Mon Jul 19 13:25:22 EDT 2004

I bouth a UPS sail this winter.  I have only used it a couple of times this
summer
(not as much sailing time as I would like) but I have been quite happy with
it.
It moves the boat when the wind is too light for the 175 to fill properly,
especially
in choppy conditions due to those damn motorboats.  It was easy to set and
furl.
I need to sail with it more to get a feeling for pointing ability.  I have
not yet
tried the UPS/175 setup.

I tend to sail more in heavier conditions and am thinking about what sails
to buy over the winter.  Can someone describe the setup for the self-tending
jib described on the Rhodes 22 web site? It sounds like it can be used with
the
175 in place.  Does it ride on it's own line like the UPS?  I am also
thinking
about replacing the GB furler with a CDI and adding a smaller jib that will
provide better shape at ~100% and less.  Any comments?

Ron