[Rhodes22-list] used boats

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 21 11:48:58 EDT 2004

Used Rhodes 22s in good condition are fairly rare.  I ended up bringing
mine from Connecticut to Illinois (with substantial pain and moderate
damage) after I found an ad on an obscure web site.  You should consider
buying a recycled boat from General Boats.  It will cost a bit more but
it comes with a warranty and company support.  The basic boat has not
changed much through the years but Stan at GB continuously fiddles with
the various appendages and adds features so boats can be quite different
in detail.  I understand some early boats ('70's) were made by other
fiberglass houses and there may be some variability of quality if
you go back that far.

Ron