[Rhodes22-list] Generator and Camping question... (a follow-u p)

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Mon Jul 26 11:35:05 EDT 2004

Thanks to everybody for the replies.  Sorry it took so long for me to get
back to it and let you all know I appreciate your thoughts.  Particularly
your's Roger!  Thank you for the contact info.

Yes, activities for small children are important.  Actually, very small (1 &
3).  So, amusement parks are probably for the future.

Now I need to evaluate all of the information and plan a trip.  I'm thinking
about trying to get up to the UP in 2 days, perhaps staying at Silver lake
on the way up and maybe another LP park on the way back down.  But, my wife
is still pushing for an IN-KY trip.  We'll see how it all works out.

The primary reason for the generator is so that we wouldn't be tied to
hookups.  I'm still a backpacker at heart, and don't really care for the
parking lot approach to many of the state parks.  A lot of the NPs have
campsites that are a bit more secluded, but they rarely have electricity, so
I need a quiet way to recharge the batteries in case it is cold enough at
night to need to run the furnace. (See the 1 and 3 yr old kids for the
reason).

At any rate, I'm going to check on the draw of my battery charger as Rik
suggested.  Then try to locate a decent price for the eu1000i if my charger
is small enough draw, or the eu2000i if it is really needed.  I'd prefer the
1000, though, if I can get away with it.  It sure is a lot lighter!

Any great soruces for them that you folks are aware of?  It doesn't look
like Northern Tool carries them anymore.

--Doug

ps: Rik, I'm still working on KY lake.  Need to work out issues like help
with the kids on the boat, etc.