[Rhodes22-list] Herb's Boat Parking Issue

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Jul 27 00:15:52 EDT 2004

It had a mast, rudder, sails, basically complete, except the jib sail is pretty much ruined between wear and tear (appears to have rubbed the shrouds too much), and UV damage. Also need a LOT of interior work, but yes, he got it for a steal. I've referred him to this list and Stan to start looking for sails. He's been in Iraq, and is just now beginning to work on it.

NC is a long way from Texas, but we may go out that way. I AM going to Louisiana to look at a 35' Coronado, we may just make it an extended trip. I'll talk it over with him.

The boat and trailer is in dry storage, locked up. I don't think there's much chance it'll be stolen.

>>> ed kroposki<ekroposki at charter.net> 7/26/2004 6:02:02 PM >>>
Herb,

	All this discussion of boat trailers has missed a point that you may
want to consider.  There have been numerous discussions on how to jack up
and support a R 22 for such things as bottom painting.  Have you considered
just blocking up the boat so that it can be worked on.  Get your trailer out
from under it and go sailing?  Check the archives on that topic.

	$500 for a '83 hull that appears to be in good condition was a
steal.  If you leave it on a trailer, it might get stolen.  Does your
brother have a mast and sails for the boat?  Again, let me remind you that
Stan sells pieces.  However, shipping is always a problem.  Why not take
your brother with cash in hand and visit Edenton.  Stan has a soft spot for
cash.

	When you study Todd's specifications, remember that your boat may
only go up and down.  Todd is an elevator engineer :-)

Ed K