[Rhodes22-list] Effros book signings

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Jul 28 11:05:16 EDT 2004

"How to Sell Your Home in 5-Days" -- I wrote the first edition a dozen years ago, the second edition a half dozen years ago, and I'm working on the third edition now.  It's an easy book to publicize, and I did a book tour every year until I tired of it.

The method really works.  You will get more money in less time using this method than any other way you can sell your home.  This is not how to sell your home fast and get less than it's worth.  The method has been proven for over a dozen years, and the statistics are in.  People who follow the book sell their homes in exactly 5 days for more than their neighbors who sell identical homes through brokers.

The book is available through Amazon, Barnes and Nobel, Books A Million, Waldenbooks, etc. and is still on the shelves of many local bookstores.  They can all obtain it in 24 hours.  It's also on the shelves of most libraries.

In the third edition I will explain how to use the Internet to help sell your home; there will be a section on how to rent a home in 5 days; (that is my real job--and because I can keep all my apartments full at top dollar all the time I can have the time to sail a lot); there will be a section on how to sell your car in 2 days; and, yes, there will be a section on how to sell your boat in 25 days.

I won't do book signings.  They are a royal PITA.  The point of them, as far as the publisher is concerned, is to sign as many books as you can--because that makes the book non-returnable.  They take time, and they are very tiring.

I only do local TV, cable, radio, and newspapers.  I do morning and noon TV shows which are often rebroadcast at night.  Then we squeeze in interviews with the local papers and local radio and cable.  I do no more than 6 interviews per city because after that I don't know what I'm talking about any more.  I stay in each city for 1 day, except for the weekends when I don't work because they don't work.

I go out for 2 weeks at a time, after which I'm totally fried.  I've been in the 50 largest cities in the country with only a few exceptions.  I also do all the national media.  I've been on ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, Lifetime, MSNBC, NBC, WB, the old Donahue Show, every newspaper and magazine, and if my publicist has missed one, just let her know.

I'll probably go on the road again for the next edition of the book, although, like most authors, I'm not looking forward to it.  One of my objectives with Quote Without Comment is to see if I can do most of the publicity on the Internet, and avoid book tours for future books.

We'll see.

Bill