[Rhodes22-list] Sheldon Green - oil on the water

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Jul 28 12:59:03 EDT 2004

eric.charles.newburger at census.gov wrote:
> I have only recently joined this list...
> Your messages have made me sad, and a little sick...
> they make me question whether I should go through
> with purchasing the Rhodes 22 that I have already
> put down a deposit on.
> I hope your ugly rants are an abberation...

Three things to ponder, my friend:

1.  There's a jellyfish in almost any body of water,
    and there are occasional flames on any list. The
    useful information and easy-going people on this
    list are in the majority.

2.  MJM is ordinarily civil and helpful, and has paid
    his dues on this list with many contributions over
    the years before you joined.  You are as welcome
    here as anyone; however I suggest that you get a
    bit better grip on the dynamics before wading into
    the deep water of an exchange like this one.

3.  As to your concerns about MJM representing the rest
    of the Rhodes 22 sailors, fear not.  In my first
    meeting with him, I came away with a negative
    impression too.  You just need a decooder ring to
    understand him, and that comes with time.  His
    internal spell-checker is at least interesting.
    You may well come to admire him some day.

Carry on with your purchase, knowing that it will be you
and the boat at the end of the day, and that wind blows
both free and variably.

--
Robert W. Skinner CDP, "Squirrel Haven"
9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, ME 04038-1331