[Rhodes22-list] Bill Effros! Famous author

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Jul 28 14:03:15 EDT 2004

Ed,

I don't think so.  Michael was upset.  I tried to kid him out of it.  Stan tried to kid him out of it--and Michael became even more upset.

Michael's comments were obviously out of line, but I'm not going to buy a tugboat in protest, and I resent any newcomer writing a screed when he doesn't know either the history, or who he is addressing.

As a well known right wing tax payer, I am truly concerned when I see government employees spending huge amounts of time on private matters using government resources.  Whoever this guy is, he has his nerve lecturing Michael, Stan, and us, and then sending this stuff out using a government email address.

Steve is also a government employee, and he has also run up against this issue.  It will be interesting to see if he replies during the day, or waits until he is on his own time tonight.

Although it can often seem otherwise, this list was not created as a shill for Stan's company, and Stan knows it.  Anyone reading this list can be pretty sure we all say what we mean, and don't pull many punches.  Stan wouldn't have it any other way, and if he loses a sale because Michael was having a bad night, that's just fine with Stan.  Stan knows who his friends are, and what's important to him.

But I don't think Stan will lose a sale over this matter.  If this guy says he's walking away from a superior boat to get back at Michael, I don't believe him.

If he reads my message to Steve in the way it was intended he may see that maybe he was a little out of line, also.  And maybe I am, too.  And maybe I'll offend Steve.  And Steve will not sell his boat in protest.

We all know we can count on each other to say something when we are out of line and don't know it.  And that's just fine with us.  If the new guy wants to join us, he's welcome.  If not, not.

I have now said the same thing in many words I was trying to say with my little aside to Steve in a few words.

The QuoteWithoutComment book is starting to straighten itself out again, so I will be busy with it once again.  I've got to clean my boat for my wife's book club this weekend, so I'll at least get a little time on the water.

The list is great for those times when you want to be thinking about sailing, but can't be doing what you're thinking about.

Back to work,

Bill

PS -- I miss Rummy.  Kaboom!  RIP