[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Measurements

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Fri Jul 30 09:13:29 EDT 2004

thanks
One thing I miss in eastern Tennessee is the lack of a west marine. I will look online.

Bob

>>> "stan" <stan at rhodes22.com> 07/28/04 03:56AM >>>
they are available commercially at places like West Marine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Dilk" <Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM>
To: <stan at rhodes22.com>; <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Trailer Measurements

What is the detail on the "sliders".

thanks

Bob Dilk

>>> "stan" <stan at rhodes22.com> 07/27/04 08:04AM >>>
Slim

Last one before I get to work:

If you put sliders on your bunks and a larger winch, once the trailer with
boat is partly out of the water, stop and winch boat further up.

If you have not heard this story here it is:

I took a boat to the Cedar Point Boat Show (Lake Erie) where I never had
trouble launching - only this time the lake was so low I could not get the
boat off the trailer.  I went to the show and they sent a tug boat over to
pull the boat off into the water.  I asked them what do I do about getting
the boat out after the show.  They said, "That's your problem" and steamed
off..

Of course the tide had not come in on Lake Erie after the show so I watched
the motor boat guys getting their boats out.  They would back off, open
throttle and power onto their trailers.

My trailer had experimental plastic on the bunks so I decided to go for it.

I went out into the basin, aimed, open up the throttle .. and closed my
eyes.

The boat went up, on and over the trailer onto the one in front of mine.
Well not exactly, but it did go all the way onto the trailer and was only
stopped by hitting the trailer winch.  True, the trailer winch did get a
dent in it but the boat was fine as was the long tow back to the Plant.

I think plastic bunk pads and an extra large winch would take the place of a
blind power landing, per opening instructions.

stan/gbi