[Rhodes22-list] fuel on a fire.

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Jul 30 13:47:55 EDT 2004

Since you asked, I think anyone deciding NOT to buy a boat (or anything
else, for that matter) because of what the tone of a third party is a
bit over the top. Actually, it's a LOT over the top. But then, I thought
your response to his dealings, though possibly deserved, were a bit over
the top too.

But, I DO like my brother's boat, and I find this list very interesting
and helpful.

>>> mjm at michaelmeltzer.com 07/30/04 2:09 AM >>>
Ok I have never been shy about putting gas(well diesel now :-) on a
fire. And the dog house might be getting full with me and bill.....

So I might not not be complety crazzy, but it got me wondering.  first a
quote(in honnor of bill)

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual
who
perceives a solution and is willing to take command.  Very often, that
individual is crazy!..

What I was womdering is this: We all have been on the boat and have had
our's problems, engine failure, anchor drags, flooding, weater,
groundings, mast drops, rolled, lighting, crew injuried, rudder failure,
gales and so on. In most cases we are on our own with only self and
crew. We know how to cope, jury rig, repair and make do. In the end we
also know what has to be sacerficed if else fails. The rules are harsh
and help might loosinge boat to slavge. what can happen to the crew goes
with saying, I read the report every month. OK I know this, most of us
know this.

Now my question, open to any and all, how can me being pissed off offend
sensibilities so, I really not so much a surface reaction (bad word or
harsh), but not bying a boat from an insiant party? was I ever that new
to boating?