[Rhodes22-list] V berth floatation

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:04:46 EDT 2004

   Rob,
   MJM is on the right track here. The foam should have been attached or
   somehow trapped and kept from lifting. If it floated out of the
   v-berth area when the boat started to sink, it wouldn't offer much
   flotation until it hit the cabin ceiling. If the foam is not
   waterlogged, you could shave the aft end back down to level. But it
   would probably be better to just remove the old foam and pour new foam
   in place. Defender sells the two-part mix and pour flotation foam.
   Roger and another Rhodie had replaced their v-berth foam. Defender
   sells the two-part mix and pour foam. Go to the archives for Sept 2000
   and search by subject "v-berth flotation"
   [1]http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2002-September/subj
   ect.html

   Todd