[Rhodes22-list] Wind forecasting

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Sat Jun 5 22:51:58 EDT 2004

My favorite is NOAA's new experimental forecast images. They don't always
update it as often as I'd like but you can see the overall pattern of the
weather predicted. I don't know if they have it for all areas of the
country or if it's a local thing:
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/phi/gfe/gridded.html  They've recently added
marine forecasts to the display
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/phi/gfe/griddedmarine.html
It's no more accurate than any of the other forecasts but I find it helps
to see the pattern over the region.

I've looked at the COOPS predictions for the Bay - another neat graphic model
  http://www.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/CBOFS/wind_forecast.shtml
but haven't really used it much. I find the animation moves too quickly so
I stop it and then click through manually.

Back when it was free I used to use the Iwindsurf site:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=108&geographicalAreaID=17
but I can't remember how accurate it was. It was great for current
conditions though.

Hope this helps.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless