[Rhodes22-list] autopilots

Richard F Sheehan dickshee at juno.com
Sun Jun 6 18:39:52 EDT 2004

:
Russ;

Let's think outside the box for a bit.  Possibly, if you sail a lot
rather than motor, your needs can be met by a wind vane steering system.
There is a German one which doesn't weigh a lot.  I've sailed with it on
Chesapeake Bay, and it worked very well.

Pros:  Not electric, doesn't need a battery.  Leaves singlehander free
for other tasks/activities.
Cons:  Can't use while motoring.

> Thinking of purchasing an autopilot for the new Bulldog
> (Seaward26RK) suited for wheel steering.  Looking for suggestions,
advise, etc.

CPT Richard F. Sheehan
218 Pier D
Naples, FL 34112