[Rhodes22-list] Computerized Boat

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Tue Jun 8 02:02:57 EDT 2004

mark and bill checkout this,

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband/index.jsp

if you can stand the 79 a month it great, the high speed map is out of date, they are rolling the 500kb out everywhere, it going to
put the Wifi hot spots under.

Now for the next shoe to drop, http://www.digitalantenna.com/cellamprep_DA4000SBR.html.that with a good antnnata should solve all
problems and is wireless(they also have a wire version for 250+-), I am debating it for myself.

in theory assuming 150 for cell hight and 36 feet for mast and antana you should have a range 30+ miles, but the handhelds only have
.3 watts which do not make it

http://www.paccrst.com/downloads/application_notes/AppNote_UHF_VHF_Calc.pdf

MJM