[Rhodes22-list] Computerized Boat

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Jun 9 20:14:00 EDT 2004

wireless only get you out of data cables, you still need power cables and they are the ones that go up in smoke with out a fuse(how
many people have a main 40amp fuss at thier battrys?). I agree the "ruggedized" are overpriced. Bill Install networks all the time,
you going to have alot of nea 183 connections which will look like "rs232 comports', it real hard to make that look neat. Franky the
nav software works better on the PC, the larger screen is great. it trying to make it do everything else I have issues with. BTW the
aircraft system work on unix/liux, thier a stripped down version that has been both securityed cheek and every line of source code
has a test case. Commpaneis use it so they only have to prove thier code is correct and save years on delivery.

MJM