[Rhodes22-list] R22 questions - lightning and locking.

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Jun 14 13:19:24 EDT 2004

Mark,

I screwed a small clam cleat to the side of the centerboard housing inside
the cabin. Then I attached the plastic-coated hook off a strong bungee cord
to one end of a line. I hook that over the central bar across the bottom of
the pop top directly above the clam cleat. Then, holding the other end of
the line, loop it under a foot, press down, and slide it into the clam cleat
w/ my foot. Works great.

We also had enough play in the sliding pop top hatch to allow one to lift it
slightly and disengage the lock pin from it's stop, allowing the hatch to
slide forward. I cured that by gluing a small wedge of wood to the underside
of the stbd. wooden strip immediately above the position of the lock in
closed position.

Mark Kaynor
s/v Raven