[Rhodes22-list] boat name

JSusanj at aol.com JSusanj at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 11:04:15 EDT 2004

Since sailing can involve navigation by the stars, how about a star or constellation name?  e.g. Andromeda, Canis Major (big dog, I kind of like that one), Arcturus etc.

Or pick a simple name and translate it into latin to make it sound more pretentious.  For example, Porta Coeli which means "Gate of Heaven".  This was the name of one of Hornblower's boats in the series by C.S. Forester.  Unfortunately, it has some bad connotations since the Heaven's Gate people did themselves in.  Or maby Bonus Puer (or Puer Bonus, order doesn't really matter) which means "Good Boy".  You get the idea.  Or pick any obscure language you like.

Jeff S.