[Rhodes22-list] no sailing for awhile

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Wed Jun 16 18:03:16 EDT 2004

Fred,
Yes, CM lake is a bit tight for an R-22 but, it's the most lake for the
least miles.( from my house).I can go for a sail after work on week days, 40
min. by highway or 50 min.on scenic country roads.It's  2+ hours to lake
erie from my house.Also, I've only been sailing real boats for three years,
one season with a com-pac 16, and this is my second with the  Rhodes. I had
a sea snark for 20 years before that.
 They have done some dredging in the last two years, not hardly any stumps
left.  Well, now that the water is over 8 feet over normal,I'm sure I'll
find a few have moved in with the flood.
The first weekend of June,Carol + I took her to Alum Creek SO.P., for a TSBB
sail-in. we are getting better at rigging her.Took us 3 hours to pack her up
for the road,2.5 hours to rig her at Alum creek, 2 hours to pack to come
home,and 1.5 hours to put her back in CML.I was hoping to take her somewhere
next week,but I don't think the water will be down enough to pull her
out.(both ramps are flooded)
  Jerry