[Rhodes22-list] New Owner Questions ...

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Wed Jun 16 20:34:23 EDT 2004

If you are going to use inside sheeting you need to furl the jib so that it
fits under the shroud and the spreader - my guess it's roughly a 110 at
that point. We do think it points better with the jib furled in winds over
15 knots. We have track with an adjustable ring fairlead but we don't
really adjust things much. Once the jib is furled that much, the placement
of the fairlead doesn't seem too critical. If you don't have a need to sail
with the jib partially furled, you don't need (and indeed, can't use)
inside sheeting.

When we were getting rainwater in, it took rebedding a side port, the
cabintop hatch and a chainplate to dry things out.

Hope this helps.

Mary Lou
1991 Rhodes 22  Fretless
Swan Creek, MD / Ft. Washington, PA