[Rhodes22-list] 1st Seaward 26 Sail

Glen & Dorene Barrera dbarrera at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 22:35:25 EDT 2004

Russ

Glad you made it back okay, long trip!

First, while we received a shore power cord, what is a deck plate key? I've
always used a screwdriver at a low angle.

As to the keel, without a keel pin at this time, do you think that any piece
of  sound metal would work? I would first try pulling the cord from just
outside the deck housing. For some reason it takes a pretty good pull to get
the keel motor running. If it still won't work (assuming the batteries are
operational), I would try pulling the cable sheet with someone on top
jinking the arm side to side. Last resort is to get a block of wood over the
arm and use a BFH to hammer down first, then with the jinking side to side
while someone pulls the sheet from just outside the housing. This worked for
us. The hammer was suggested to us by Nick, through Elton. Ours was
apparently nothing more that a stuck line. But a switch would be a good
idea.

Will is good to have around. Michael will have a much easier time.

Hope everything goes okay. Glad Shirley likes it. It is a pretty boat and
sails well.... not to mention all the room.  Hey, how'd you get the bull
dogs down into the cabin??

Glen