[Rhodes22-list] Galvanic corrosion

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Jun 28 14:18:24 EDT 2004

Bob,

I'd actually prefer an isolation xfmr, but a new Charles 3.8 KVA unit rated
for marine use at 32 amps starts at around $750 (on sale!), weighs in at 70
lbs, and is 12"x12"x10". For my needs, the 1 lb. 2"x4"x3" galvanic isolator
works well enough, is easier to install, considerably cheaper, and uses less
valuable space.

An isolation xfmr on the dock would be great while we're at this marina, but
if we travel and decide to stay at some other marina for a period of time,
having one installed at our home marina won't be much good to us <g>.

Mark