[Rhodes22-list] Rendezvous at Rummy's!

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jun 29 17:18:02 EDT 2004

Mary Lou,

You are welcome on Lake Hartwell anytime.  During the summer the winds are
hot, light and variable.  We have a good ramp at Big Water.  There are
usually transient slips available, but this year she is all booked up on
regular slips.  Rummy's marina, Portman Shoals is much, much bigger, but
mostly motor or house boats.  Hartwell Marina is also much bigger, but it is
quite the ways off the main sailing waters.

It does not freeze here.  Some of the best winds are late fall.  Rummy comes
down here quite often, but I have never sailed all the way to his dock.  I
have only sailed to the sail club which is across the water and down about
half a mile from him.

Bob Keller is up another arm of the lake.  Going up that arm even with good
wind to I 85 is an all day trip.  Then another day back.

We have not heard from Bob on the subject.

Let me know when you are coming.  This is a big lake and plenty of room.  He
almost went to Kentucky Lake last year, but got too much rain.  He still has
his camper ready, see attachment.

Ed K