[Rhodes22-list] Steve's spinnaker quest

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Mon Mar 1 10:33:35 EST 2004

Steve:

     If you want a spinnaker type sail and don't want to spring the big
bucks for a new sail, keep in mind the used sail places on the net.  You
do not need a sail made specially for the Rhodes22.  There are lots of
used sails out their that will work ok.  Or at least work good enough
for you to decide if you want to spend the dollar for an exact fit.

     The hard part of such a project is getting the right bail on top of
the mast.  Once you have the bail all you need is the block and halyard.

To begin playing with a spinnaker, you do not need a spinnaker pole.
That old picture on a boat on Kentucky Lake with a spinnaker kept in
position with two sheets works.

     After you decide that you want to use it more then follow those
instruction from the list about how to put a track on the mast to affix
the spinnaker pole or the Doyle instructions how to 'bullhead' it to the
bow.

These sails work great in very light airs.

                   Ed K