[Rhodes22-list] Important notify about your e-mail account.

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Wed Mar 3 08:27:31 EST 2004

Sheesh. Sounds like a shootout:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/wormwarwords.html

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org]On Behalf Of Eaton, Gil
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 8:01 AM
To: 'The Rhodes 22 mail list'
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Important notify about your e-mail account.

	This is the "Beagle" worm, technically not a virus, really cute and
clever:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.beagle.j@mm.html

	I'm sure we will have some of our users open the zip file, use the
password (I've seen this same message and password this morning), infect
their machine, then we have to chase them down to fix their machines.
Sometimes it takes hours per pc to fix.  It's even more fun when the users
are "working" at home.
	Weather is too nice for this, should be sailing!

	gil

Gil Eaton
S/V Closing Time
Spring Cove Marina