[Rhodes22-list] Purchasing new genny????

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 15:54:25 EST 2004

I am not trying to increase sailing time. I already sail more than any one I
know. :-) I am trying to find the best sail for 8 - 12 mph winds. I also
need to be able to make headway upriver so I put a premium on upwind
performance. If I am real concerned about down wind performance I fly my
spinnaker. The Harken furler makes sail changes easy so I am not seeking a
one size fits all sail. Not having sailed with the 175 I can't comment first
hand and perhaps I have picked up some misconceptions.

I do have an open mind .....

At what wind speed do you need to furl when sailing solo? Heeling is fun but
I like to keep the boat balanced for speed. Am I going to have to furl in at
10 or 12 knots? I am not going to order anything this week so i have time to
rethink.

Wally