[Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes22-list Digest, Vol 425, Issue 1

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Tue Mar 16 10:36:27 EST 2004

Lou,.

I think I will contribute to this one:

With proper sheet handling, i.e., not leading the sail across instead of
letting the wind do the work, in most instances the sail will come about on
its own - in light airs proper sheet handling would include feeding the
leeward side sheet out so as to decrease the drag on the sail.  In a few
instances, when it struggles a bit, a partial furling will get it going and
the release of the furling line will get it back to full size on the
opposite tack.  If anyone has a problem with this sail coming about it
usually turns out to be the result of wrong release timing and premature
attempts at sheeting of the opposite sheet.

stan/gbi