[Rhodes22-list] Lou Moore

Richard F Sheehan dickshee at juno.com
Thu Mar 18 12:29:50 EST 2004

Hi Ben;

> Adding single-line reefing is one of my projects for this spring too.
> Anything peculiar about how yours is rigged?

I put a Harken single line reefing on Sea Prompt two years ago.  Since I
had a triple block, triple deck organizer, triple rope clutch arrangement
already installed, I called Pewaukee WI and talked to Bob, the man who
designed it.  Specifically, I wanted to know if I could dispense with his
deck standing block and use one sheave of my triple block mounted on the
base of the tabernacle.  He said that it was a perfect spot.  He was
right.  The sail reefs like a charm.  Doyle and I decided to put in a
single deep reef on the new main.  It makes sense for me, since I don't
race, but do cruise the west coast of Florida.

CPT Richard F. Sheehan
218 Pier D
Naples, FL 34112
dickshee at juno.com