[Rhodes22-list] Blocking the boat for bottom painting

jbconnolly at comcast.net jbconnolly at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 13:47:44 EST 2004

Following up my post last week about bottom painting.

For you engineers out there, do you need to torque the centerboard cover bolts to a particular value, or just uniformly?

Does anyone have a photo of your boat blocked for painting as described (i.e., jack up the trailer, support the boat and lower the trailer clear to paint)?  The only boat I've done this to was a powerboat, and it was simple.  The transom was hugely thick solid glass to support a 500 LB+ outboard on a bracket, so blocks under the keel in 2 locations plus stands under the corners of the transom did the trick.  I know I'm obsessing, but I don't want to break the boat.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer
'85 recycled '03