[Rhodes22-list] transducer thru-hull

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sun Mar 28 13:19:49 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have an ST-60 tridata with a thru-hulll speed transducer,
installed in the lazarette by GB 2 years ago on my then
new 2002.  I have had some troubles since the beginning
achieving accurate readings  - I tried various fixes until
last summer when the whole thing failed - sent it back to
Raymarine for a cable replacement.  In that process, I
discovered that the thru-hull is not aligned perfectly with
the center line of the boat - its probably off 5-10 degrees
fro parallel.  I am curious if this is a material problem in
accurately recording speed and, if so, if there is any way
to remove the thru-hull and reseat it on the proper line.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II