[Rhodes22-list] preventers

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sun Mar 28 13:23:58 EST 2004

I have often wondered whether there is a need to rig a
preventer when sailing downwind on the Rhodes and, if
so, what the recommended approach is.  I don't recall
seeing any discussion of the subject on the list, but it is
always mentioned in any articles I have read as an almost
mandatory step.
I understand that the R22 traveler provides some shock
absorption to the rigging in the case of an unintended jibe
but I don't know if this avoids the need for something
more.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II