[Rhodes22-list] preventers

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 08:11:46 EST 2004

Fred,
Great idea!  I only use one if the wind is stronger than about 8-10 knots or
if I am going to be sailing downwind for a long run.  I was always doing
things the hard way - I would tie a line off the end of the boom, lead it
forward (outside the rigging) then through the center of the bow cleat and
then back along the opposite side of the cabin to the cockpit, where I would
cleat it off on one of my extra cam cleats.  Works good, but a pain.  Using
the outhall sounds like a simple solution.  I'll try it next time.
Bob K
Yankee Clipper