[Rhodes22-list] Whisker Pole Storage (Was Preventers)

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Wed Mar 31 15:05:13 EST 2004

Bryan,

With a whisker pole, you have specify the length, the load rating, and the
end fittings on each of the pole.  On Dynamic Equilbrium, we use a Forespar
M/N: HD 6-12-DL heavy duty, twist lock, telescoping whisker pole.  This pole
has two telescoping sections extending from 79 inches to 138 inches length.
The outer tube is 1.875 inch OD.  The end fittings on both ends of the pole
are Forespar type "EL" self latching.  Don't get anything lighter duty or
your genoa will fold it half!

This pole is too long to fit under the cockpit seats.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium