[Rhodes22-list] computer space question clarification

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Mar 31 20:11:09 EST 2004

Rummy,
	My hard drive date is saved in a huge commingled file.  I need a
computer program to separate the duplicate files.  Doing it file by file
takes hours, days.  That is the way I done it in the past.  But there
are programs to do this today.  I am asking if anybody has used such a
program with success and without catastrophe.
      Keep in mind that all those little files and duplicates slow down
the operation of your computer.  I am probably going to get a new
computer and larger hard drive.  But until then I want to make what I
have more efficient and give me a few more weeks of hard drive space.
Even if I get a new 4 gig speed processor with parallel processing, this
trash will still cause problems.
                                 Ed