[Rhodes22-list] advice on ground for battery

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Tue Nov 2 12:24:48 EST 2004

  Hank,
   I am still in doubt as to which size of ground plate to use and
where to put it.
  suggestions??

  The PS article does say one sq ft . Since I want to do this plate
installation myself I want to place the plate where it does not
interfere with flotation and where the hull is relatively accessible.
I'm thinking that since I have to re do my V berth cover since it was
damaged somehow or just neglected for yrs,  going under the V berth
might be the best place to attach the plate.
  I can see my fwd flotation under the thin 1/4" wood which is cracked
, Im assuming I have to re cover that flotation and hoping it will
just come out so I can access the bottom of the hull underneath.   I
plan to run the AWG#4 wire from my headstay bolts & upper chain plate
to the new ground plate.

  As far as electrical panels I did see the Blue Sea 6 breaker as my
best as I will need at least 5 circuits.
  Thanks
  Lou