[Rhodes22-list] Saturday sailing.

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Nov 7 10:00:43 EST 2004

How cool that you guys were able to accommodate them. I like it when
younger folks are able to enjoy a sailboat like that.

Not quite the same thing, but we have a guy in our church that is
downs. I think he's about 25 now, and he's one of my favorite people to
take sailing. He always does exactly as he's asked, his mother has him
ready to go right on time. And I've never seen anyone light up the way
he does when he gets to take the tiller (in very controlled situations).
Plus, he always hugs Gini and I at the end of a trip.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35

>>> R22RumRunner at aol.com 11/7/2004 9:48:49 AM >>>
Captain Bob Keller made an offer several months ago to an explorer
group from
his church to take the kids sailing. He found out on Friday that just
about
everybody in the group decided to come along. He had fourteen teenagers
and
three or four adult leaders all planning to go sailing....on his R22.
We rounded
up the troops and had four boats: Yankee Clipper with Captain Keller,
Rum
Runner with yours truly, R'Yot with Rodger and Betty and "No Name" with
Captain
Kroposki and wife Peggy. Four Rhodes for all those people, but a good
time was
had by all and the weather couldn't have been any niced. It was a
T-shirt day
once it warmed up and winds were just enough to give them a thrill.