[Rhodes22-list] Winterization

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 09:54:17 EST 2004

Wally,

When I lived in the Airstream trailer in the
Mississippi River bottom, across from downtown
Memphis, ceramic heaters were all I used during the
winter.  They are "roll-over" protected and internally
fused.  The biggest problem on the boat would be if
the power gets knocked out.  I drain the water off the
boat to be on the safe side.  The primary reason to
leave one on is to keep the condensation down.  As you
know, the Tennessee almost never freezes and there are
very few days where the temps don't get above freezing
during the day.  I doub't the thing runs more than a
dozen times all winter.  So far, no problems.

Brad