[Rhodes22-list] Politics - War in Iraq

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 17:14:29 EST 2004

Ed,

So you discovered powerlineblog.com, good for you.  It
was one of my favorites leading up to the vote, good
reasoning without the histronics.

A marine shot an insurgent, hiding in a mosque, firing
on US troops.  BFD!  Perhaps the dead guy should have
worn a uniform from a recognized nation, then he would
have rights under the Geneva Convention.  As it is,
he's just another dead terrorist.  Good riddance.

Here's a couple of links for perspective.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/ts20041118.shtml

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?
id=110005911

Our boy did the right thing. The embedded photographer
ran an anti-war web site with an agenda.  Good for
him.  My suggestion is that he not depend on the
Marines for protection much longer.  The Iraqi people
get their chance to speak out in two months.  I doubt
too many of them will grieve over one dead guy too
stupid not to stay dead after the battle of Fallujah.

The election is over, the gloves are off!  Enough of
our boys have died already.  The mainstream news can
go kiss some French ass.

Brad