[Rhodes22-list] ICW, the channel

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:21:01 EST 2004

Ed,

We are having budget issues regarding repair and upgrade for the lock 17
miles down river from my slip. It will costs a couple of hundred million to
complete project. If the work is not done the lock will no longer be safe to
use in an estimated 10 years.

This would close the head waters of the TN River creating an out cry from
the various business that rely on barge traffice. The TN is a great river to
cruise with access to Gulf as well as the Ohio River. Many at my marina
cruise to the Gulf on a fairly regular basis. It looks like the first part
of the money has been promised. I must admit I don't know if it makes
economic sense to repair this lock.

If it does get built I thank all of you tax payers because you guys pay to
maintain TVAs waterways.

Wally