[Rhodes22-list] Politics- reply to Rummy on Steve's Comments

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 14:13:51 EST 2004

Ed,
Let me see if I understand this. The Federal government goes into debt, so
they borrow money. Money which then is no longer available to the private
sector  for growth and new industry. When that dries up they issue T bills which
are  purchased by people that have money, in this case the Chinese. So, we are
in  debt to the Chinese and others and there isn't any money available for the
private sector. What part of this do I have wrong?
Business does go in cycles. It has to be anticipated by the Feds, which the
Clinton Gore administration did with it's surplus. It could have been used for
 many projects such as public works which would have pumped money into the
economy and created jobs without putting the country into debt.
Another thing I really don't understand about the Republicans, and many
people don''t get this, but the attack on 9/11 happened on the Republican's
watch. Pure and simple, it was their responsibility as well as their fault, and
yet nobody got burned for their mistakes. Beats the hell out of me why not. I
think Ken Starr ought to be looking into this. They make Bush out as some kind
of a hero because he attacks and beats the hell out of a third world country.
No  sir, I don't understand it. In my book he's no hero, just a fool and I
think  history will show him that way, eventually.
Done ranting. It's raining and I can't sail. Time to go bake some pumpkin
pies so I can sail Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Rummy