[Rhodes22-list] Condescension, Economics, -- and Stan's business

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Nov 25 17:02:09 EST 2004

Steve wrote:
> Stephen
> Talk about being condescending.  If you knew anything
> about economic; you wouldn't have made those comments.
>  Do your research before you show your lack of
> knowledge on a subject...

Hmmmm.

Steve wrote:
> Let take GB for example since Stan won't mind.  A
> simple illustration of what I'm talking about.  We
> will set the example of how to make him a
> multi-millionair.

> In the above example the following has occurred, GB
> has:
> increased Debt,
> increase assets,
> increase employees,
> increase taxes paid to the government by GB & by all
> the new employees,
> increase revenue to advertizing agencies,
> Decrease production costs,
> decrease saleing price of boat,
> Increase sales of boats,
> Increase total Value of the Company!!!

Steve, there are such things as unintended
consequences.

You have diluted the ownership to the point that the
bean-counters can decide to ship product support to
India - and Stan can be outvoted in his attempts to
preserve the product quality that makes GB what
it is.

He becomes a rich and bitter man, watching the
degradation of what he built with many sleepless
nights, personal sacrifice, and constant attention
to detail and quality, and we sailors get hosed.

Finally, the company is sold to Catalina and
advertised as its "quality" line, and they milk the
last bit of respectability and value out of the
"Rhodes 22" name as quality continues to drop.

Top management makes millions, and the
stockholders get taken to the cleaners.

That's the way it works when the "conservatives"
are permitted to rape and pillage a company!

/Bob Skinner