[Rhodes22-list] Jesusland.

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Nov 25 17:49:12 EST 2004

Nell wrote:
> Now that Saddam is captured...
> In the end, there will be nobody safe
> from the cross hairs of the US and
> Bush.
> Including, possibly, sailboat owners.
> nellwolfe
Would that you were not so right, Nell!

We are already running into restrictions
on boat traffic between the US and Canada
along the Maine coast.

As Brad will probably be able to amplify,
general aviation is seeing increasing
limitations, and all forms of watercraft
are a tempting target for regulation.

There is a much stronger presence of the
Coast Guard in Portland Harbor, what with
our oil tanker traffic and cruise ships.
A 22' boat can cary enough explosives to
hole a big boat...

I'd say that it is prudent to equip your
boat so that there is no chance of
misinterpreting your intent when
periodically boarded by the Coast Guard.
Weapons, which used to be a non-issue
along this coast, are now an invitation
to a nasty dance.

/Bob Skinner