[Rhodes22-list] Laser Level

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Fri Nov 26 11:37:26 EST 2004

OK Rummy,

I paid about $150 for a laser level about 10 years ago when I was doing a suspended ceiling project.  One of the attachments was a little conical mirror that caused the laser to project a circular plane of light at right angles to the device.  The laser has a little bubble level built into it so it can be leveled relative to the world & a threaded mount for attaching it to a tripod so it can be free standing.  You can also hang the laser on a cable like a plumb bob, which was how I used it to establish the vertical height for the suspended ceiling tile grid.  I just worked my way from the edges of the room towards the laser in the center, hanging the ceiling tile grid as I went.  It worked very slick & saved me a lot of time.  If you can now buy something like that for less than $30, it would certainly do the same job of establishing a reference plane in a boat.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium