[Rhodes22-list] Jesusland - Wally the Liberal

Clarke, Donald R (Don), NEO drclarke at att.com
Mon Nov 29 14:35:51 EST 2004

Steve,

I have a volunteer Lawyer on staff to work on making these programs work. He gets so mad sometimes it seems like I need a drywall repair kit around at all times. If reasonably educated people can't find their way though the maze how do homeless do it. My informal study shows that most of my clients are not homeless because of drugs. Mostly they are people who lived pay check to pay check and misfortune hits and the landlord sent them on their way. Try making a rent payment when you need two months rent in advance. The longer you are homeless the harder it becomes.

We can argue about which "track" we are on till the cows come home. What I want to hear is do we care about those who are not making it and are we doing our share to help.

And are we Liberal enough to recognize that reasonable people can disagree about the solution but we caring enough to be the differences aside and help.

And now I need to return to earning a living, Steve at least you care about something, I hate apathy.