[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Motor Replies

Razgaitis Richard raz01 at mac.com
Sun Oct 3 23:29:04 EDT 2004

Thanks for all the input including back channel.  I like the Honda 8
that I have but for the starting challenges, which I may just have
(another) tune job and see how it works next year.  I appreciate
especially the advice about the XL shaft; but for such, I would have
probably lined up the L.

By the way, I tried out the new Honda AIR cooled, 4 cycle, 2 (as in
"two") HP on the Rhodes.  (I bought it for a dink I am getting).  In no
wind, wave, or current, it does a right smart job and is light on the
lift and crank, and the air cooled feature is nice because it reduces
the things you have to worry about by one.  I think it is a little
louder than the water-cooled version, but not objectionably so.   If I
was sure that all I ever needed was motoring the last 100 feet, I think
it would be a workable solution.  But into the wind, let alone over the
waves,  I am not sure it could make headway, or much headway, and when
you need the motor,  generally speaking, you really need it.

raz
Rocky Rhodes
Rock Hall MD

Richard Razgaitis
Primary Email:  rrazgaitis at intecap.com
Alternate/Backup Email:  richard at razgaitis.com (or reply to incoming)
908.479.6990;  Mobile 908.285.1070

This electronic message contains information from the consulting firm
of InteCap, Inc., a subsidiary of Charles River Associates
Incorporated, which may be confidential or privileged.  The information
is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited.  If you have received this electronic transmission in
error, please notify us by telephone (312-357-1000) or by e-mail
(intecapadmin at intecap.com) immediately.